Why Choose High Security Keys?
Locks are our first line of defence and whilst we can live without an alarm or CCTV in our premises it is less likely we are going to go to bed at night without a lock on our front door.
One of the main reasons we get called out to do a lock change is because the customer has either lost a key or someone has had a key and there is a possibility it has been duplicated.
Getting a standard key cut is an easy process for a builder or general tradesman. If you consider how easy it is for someone to have a spare key cut at the local shops it is quite concerning.
The major benefit of having a high security key for your front door is that only authorised key holders can get their keys cut.
If you want to ensure that your property is “high security” you need to have both high security locks and high security keys.
What is a High Security Key?
A high security key is one that can’t easily be cut by just anyone. They fall into two categories Patented or Restricted. Patented is the preferable choice.
- Can only be cut by an authorised dealer
- The customer may be asked to show identification to prove that they are the property owner. (This is quite often a card that is given to the customer when the lock is fitted.)
- Legally only the owner in possession of ID can request these keys to be cut.
- These are the most high security keys.
Well know patented key brand names are; Mul-t-lock, Evva, Banham, Bio-lock, Grundman and there are many more.
- Can only be cut by an authorised dealer, making it very difficult for the keys to be copied by a stranger.
- These keys are not protected by law in the same way that patented keys are.
At IKS Locksmiths we have a high security key system by a company called Mul-t-lock whereby the customer is given a card and when additional keys need duplicated they can call us and we send copies out to them in the post.
We are Barnet based Master Locksmiths and find there is great demand for high security keys in North London, particularly in Finchley and Camden . We would welcome the opportunity is give you a free quote for High Security Keys for your property.