Master Key Systems: The IKS Locksmiths Approach
So far I have shared with you the IKS Locksmiths approach to;
- High Security Grilles
- 24/7 Emergency Calls
IKS Locksmiths are also a specialist master key suite locksmith in north London. I would now like to tell you how we manage the Master Key System side of the business. This is yet another string to our bow as Barnet locksmith services experts.
What is a Master Key Suite/System?
The holder of the Master Key can open multiple locks with one master key. Other keys within the master key suite can only open particular doors depending what has been specified when the master key suite was set up. These keys are known as change keys (or servant keys).
A Master Key Suite shouldn’t be confused with key alike which I will talk about in my next diary post. Master key systems are much more complex and involved than keyed alike systems, which is why I enjoy this part of the job. As I’ve mentioned before I do like a challenge!
Who needs Master Key Systems?
Locks with master keys are most commonly used for commercial properties but also for larger residential properties with numerous rooms where security and restricting access to certain areas is a requirement.
Master Key Suites are used in a variety of situations where restricting access to certain rooms is required;
- Care Homes
- Property management companies
- Residential houses with multiple rooms
- Residential houses with live in staff
A Master Key Suite can get extremely complex with a hierarchy of different types of keys including Grand Master and Great Grand Master key. There can be thousands of locks within a system or there can be just a few locks within a system. It all depends on the clients requirements.
As an example a property management company may require keys for a number of properties across the UK or a hotel manager may require access to all the rooms within the premises and differing access to other staff members depending on their role.
How We Achieve Accuracy and Efficiency when Setting up a Master Key Suite?
We manage the process with great care and attention to detail!!! It is so important to get the system exactly to the customer’s requirements for security reasons. The task can become quite involved. Smaller systems with fewer doors are simpler. Large properties with numerous doors, large numbers of key holders and different permutations can be more of a challenge to manage however the principle remains the same.
Setting up a Master Key Suite is a challenge that I relish. It is the complexity and the need to get it spot on that really motivates me in this area of being a locksmith. If you are looking for a master key locksmith I would be delighted to meet with you to discuss what we can offer. We have a stringent process and high standards and we find that this works.
- We meet the client on site to discuss the specific requirements.
- We provide an approximate cost subject to agreement of the final plans.
- We put forward a visual proposal of the Master Key System (similar to the image above).
- On agreement of the proposed system we provide a final quote.
- On approval we take an agreed deposit to cover the cost of the locks.
- We make up the locks to the specifications agreed.
- The locks are installed.
- Numerous checks on the locks are carried out.
- The keys are handed over.
- Final payment is taken.
The process can take anything from 1 week onwards from start to completion depending on the complexity of the system and the requirements of the client.
The Advantages of IKS Locksmiths Master Key Systems
- We are meticulous when it comes to the planning and execution of a Master Key Suite.
- We are Master Locksmith Association Approved.
- We offer extremely competitive prices.
- The system can be made flexible to allow alteration in the future
- We have access to a range of reputable patented master key systems.
- A restricted key section means that key cutting can only be authorised by the suite manager.
- We provide quick and efficient key cutting for additional keys required.
- We can use a wide range of locks; cylinders, deadlocks, padlocks and more.
- The suite can span multiple properties across the UK
The use of Master Key Systems is increasingly called for in London. If you are looking for a master key locksmith for lock fitting in London for your home or business I would be delighted to meet you to explain our master lock keys service and how we can work with you.
Installing Master Key Systems to a customer’s specific requirements gives me a great sense of achievement and satisfaction. We are proud to offer not only the highest standards of products and workmanship but also excellent value for money. We are highly competitive when it comes to price on Master Key Suites. We are able to achieve this because we are mobile Master Locksmiths who aim to provide excellence in everything we do.
My next diary post will explain our work with keyed alike systems and the advantages they can bring to homeowners and individuals. In the meantime all comments and questions are very welcome.
Martin (The North London Locksmith)